SORRY BUT PLACES FOR THIS DATE ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHY NOT CHECK OUT OUR DATE IN WORCESTER - ST PETERS CHURCH WORCESTER IS 5 MINUTES FROM THE MOTORWAY SO NOT FAR FROM CHELTENHAM
TO BOOK SCROLL DOWN TO THE END OF THE PAGE
Price £35.00 (special offer thanks to sponsorship - normally £45)
Aim for the Day
Engage Youth Workers and Church Leaders to:
(1) Engage: Expanding their awareness of Mental Health issues in young
(2) Empower: How to create supportive environments so young people feel able to seek help.
(3) Equip: Practical strategies to enable young people to get the help they need.
The church is one of the largest youth work providers in the UK and ideally placed to reach and support those young people. This workshop is aimed at volunteer / paid youth workers and church leaders, but is open to anyone who plays a role in supporting young people.
The day will take a look at:
• What do we mean by mental health and what are the issues young people are facing.
• How adolescent development impacts mental health, wider causes, risk and resilience
• The impact of mental issues on young people.
• The role of youth work in mental health and what does the Bible have to say about
• The power of relationship – how to create spaces where young people feel safe to talk
• Tool box for young people. Practical ways to help young people and explore the issues of mental health with young people. How to explore feelings and behaviour, where to go for help, coping skills.
• Know your limits – referral is not weakness - building a simple yet robust pastoral care
system internally and a referral network externally. The art of not passing on to quickly and not passing on to slowly.
• Looking after yourself.
Please note that lunch isnt included. Please bring lunch with you. There is supermarket within walking distance of the venue. The cost does include refreshements (tea, coffee and cold drinks).
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Parking at the Pavilion will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and alternative parking is also available nearby.
Public transport is available to the area via the following Stagecoach bus routes:
94 to Arle Court
97and 98 to Robert Burns avenue
‘D’ bus (via railway station) to Windermere Road near Hatherley Road Post Office
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email: email@example.com or call 07493 685204
What's the refund policy?
Refunds are not available however if you are unable to attend the event we wil be happy to transfer your booking to another event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes it is fine to send someone else in your place.